•• • News
April 6, 2019: Members of the Knowledge centre of the DPA are known
The team of Alexandra Jaspar-Leeuw who will lead the Knowledge centre and take over the Chair of the DPA from David Stevens in 2022 has been appointed by the Chamber of Representatives:
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Assistant Professor (Lecturer) at Imperial College London
- Joëlle Jouret, legal advisor at the European Data Protection Board
- Bart Preneel, Professor (gewoon hoogleraar) at KULeuven
- Frank Robben, a.o. general manager of the Crossroads Bank for Social Security & the eHealth-platform
- Nicolas Waeyaert, director-general at FOD Economie, KMO, Middenstand en Energie
- Séverine Waterbley, director-general at DG Réglementation économique, SPF economie
March 29, 2019: New board of Directors of the Belgian DPA has been appointed by the Belgian Chambers of Representatives. David Stevens is following Willem Debeuckelaere as Chairman of the DPA.
David Stevens has been appointed as the Chairman of the new Belgian Privacy authority (//lnkd.in/gKVvXkV), together with Alexandra Jaspar-Leeuw (Knowledge Center), Charlotte Dereppe (First Line Service), Peter Van den Eynde (Inspector General) and Hielke Hijmans (Dispute Chamber).
March 28, 2019 : DPO-pro, the Belgian Professional Union of DPOs has celebrated its first anniversary with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (DPA).
M. Willem Debeuckelaere has shared with us the latest information about
- the coming nomination of the Board of Directors (tonight!) of the Belgian Data Protection Authority
- the annual report of the DPA (coming on 25 April)
- data breaches
- the Facebook case
- how to prepare (hard) Brexit
Florence de Villenfagne, the new president of DPO-pro shared thereafter the vision and priorities of DPO-pro.
•• • Become a member
Become a member of DPO-pro! Find how to proceed in our tab ‘Become a member’