•• • What’s New?
- News 06-11: We have had a great networking evening yesterday with Mr. David Stevens, Chairman of the Data protection Authority, being our special guest. The chairman was relax, open to all questions and really listening to the audience and the issues the DPO’s are facing. Mr. Stevens provided the first information he could share about the strategic plan that will become public at the end of the month: privacy becoming a reality will be the key word for the next 5 years. This will be realized by 1) empowering citizens to protect their privacy and 2) clarifying and applying the rules.
Priorities will be set on several sectors, on the development of GDPR instruments and on societal challenges. We could not obtain more information about which sectors would be at stake, but as a matter of fact this will include the SME’s of the sectors.Privacy cannot be there only for the happy few, continued the Chairman of our supervisory authority. Mrs Pavlina Peneva, in charge of the communication to the SMEs, explained then what the DPA will newly develop for SME’s: toolboxes, models, reviewing the data breach notification formulaire are in the pipeline. The Boost project will start in 2020. The development of a lot of practical tools are foreseen.
Find here the presentation from the DPA
- News 24-10 : Find here the presentations of our network evening of 22 Oktober on camerasurveillance.
- News 23-10: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield: Third review welcomes progress while identifying steps for improvement. the European Commission publishes its report on the third annual review of the functioning of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. The report confirms that the U.S. continues to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred under the Privacy Shield from the EU to participating companies in the U.S.
- News 22-10: The DP Authority publishes the results of the survey on the SME campaign
- News 02-10: New decision from the Court of Justice of the European Union : "Storing cookies requires internet users’ active consent - A pre-ticked checkbox is therefore insufficient"
- News 20-09: Subscriptions for our camera event of 22/10/2019 and for our event of 05/11/2019 with David Stevens, President of the Belgian DPA are now open
- News 19-09: The Data Protection Authority has sanctioned a merchant for disproportionate use of the eID as loyalty card.
- News 14-09: You'll find hereunder the presentations of the DPA from our networkevening of 10 September
- News 13-09: Have a look at our Calendar and block your agenda for our next events: 22/10 - 05/11 - 14/11 - 17/12 Learn more about camera surveillance, the future strategy of the Belgian DPA, Microsoft tools and data protection (Office 365), and a privacy protective cloud
- News 10-09: Members, go to the "Document sharing" page (first log in). You will find nice Quick Reference Cards about data protection subjects - a useful tool!
- News 10-08: M. David Stevens, President of the DPA, confirmed his presence on our network evening of 5 November 2019
•• • Next events
18:00 - 21:00
A privacy protective cloud: Geens.com with the presence of the Data Protection Authority
IBM Client Centre Brussels, 1130 Brussels
•• • Survey: GDPR implementation
The mini questionnaire (March 2019), held among the DPO-pro members shows that for almost 60% of the companies there are still important steps to take before being compliant with the GDPR.
More results can be found in the exclusive DPO-Pro Members section of this website ("document sharing").